I stumbled across an amazing article about Lokeans. Though I do not hang out with Lokeans (you know, just for the sake of being like “WOAH, DUDE, WE’RE LIKE, TOTALLY ALIKE SINCE WE LOVE THE SAME AWESOME DUDE IN THE SKY”), I appreciate their overall existence. Here is a good example of a code a Lokean or just any awesome person might have. Kudos to this guy.
Whether or not Heathens need the 9 Noble Virtues at all is highly debatable, and this list is admittedly something I’ve pulled out of my own ass. You may or may not resonate with this list, so take what you like as guidelines if you need them. Feel free to ignore the rest:
1. Truth: Be real. Be true to yourself as much as you are to others. Don’t apologize for who you are.
2. Humor: Learn to find the humor in all things, especially in yourself. This is how we learn not to be self-righteous assholes.
3. Humility: If you need to tie your balls to a goat to get shit done, suck it up buttercup.
4. Cunning: Try to think outside the box. Don’t make a mess so big that you can’t think your way out of it.
5. Transformation: Don’t be afraid of change, because that’s how we grow. Don’t be afraid of self-examination and listen to constructive criticism.
6. Creativity: Create awesome stuff. Try new things out. If you don’t like it, blow it up and try again.
7. Accountability: You are the only one in charge of your own destiny, your own life, and your own actions. Own your shit.
8. Empathy: Try to see things from more than one perspective. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes before you pass judgment.
9. Experimentation: A mistake is only a mistake if you do it twice. Until then, everything is an experiment.